The most significant new features of Original Prusa i3 MMU2S
MMU2S has a brand new body with a rotating pulley barrel and a single extruder motor. Load up to 5 filaments and the selector head with a filament-cutting blade will take care of automatic loading and unloading.
The second generation of our Multi Material Upgrade supports up to 5 filaments loaded at the same time. Apart from usual materials like ABS, PETG or PLA, the MMU 2.0 also works great with soluble supports (BVOH or PVA).
We have replaced the previous generation's Bowden system with a new direct-drive mechanism. This change is a major step forward in making the filament loading process more reliable and less prone to jamming.
F.I.N.D.A FILAMENT SENSOR
Meet F.I.N.D.A! It's essentialy a repurposed P.I.N.D.A probe, which now serves as a filament sensor. It works on a mechanical basis - the string of filament lifts a small stainless steel ball and F.I.N.D.A detects its proximity.
WIPE INTO INFILL / OBJECT
Our slicing software Slic3r PE comes with full MMU 2.0 support and a set of useful features, such as Smart wipe tower, Wipe into infill or Wipe into object. These features help you save time and filament.
FILAMENT BUFFER INCLUDED
The MMU2S comes with the Filament Buffer, a device designed to prevent filament tangling during loading / unloading process. The buffer allows you to position the five filament spools more freely and also saves valuable space on your desk.
FULL FEATURES LIST
MULTI MATERIAL UPGRADE 2S FEATURES
- Completely redesigned body: less complex and more reliable design
- Printing with up to five filaments at the same time
- Old Bowden system replaced with a direct-drive loading mechanism with only a single PTFE tube leading filament to the extruder
- Less sensitive to filament quality
- Second generation electronics
- F.I.N.D.A. filament sensor
- Motorized selector head with filament cutter
- Power loss detection and recovery
- Smart software features: Smart wipe tower, Wipe to infill, Wipe into object and many more
- Works in two modes: Multi-Material Mode and Single Mode (Single mode is the same as printing on MK3S/2.5S).
- Includes the Filament Buffer, a device designed to prevent filament tangling
- Original Prusa i3 MK3 (with upgrade) and MK3S and MK3S+
- Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S
- Soluble Materials (BVOH, PVA)
Read or write a review