MakerBot Method 3D Printer - A Manufacturing Workstation
The MakerBot Method is a performance-grade, tinker-free 3D printer that allows you to print complex and durable ABS parts with a 60°C heated chamber. Delivering uncompromised performance right out-of-the-box, the Method prints 2x faster than leading desktop printers and offers a seamless CAD to Part workflow. Developed from the ground up leveraging industry-leading Stratasys patents, Method features high quality components like a heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, and dry-sealed material bays. Perfect for quick prototypes, fit tests, and concept iterations. The Method delivers maximum innovation with minimal investment.
- Dual Performance Extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 60°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi Connectivity and 21 on-board sensors
- Remote Monitoring + Printing
- 25 COMPATIBLE CAD FILE TYPES
- 5" Full-Color Capacitive Touch Screen
- Over 300,000 Hours of Reliability Testing
Print real, production-grade ABS with a 60°C heated chamber. Powered by Stratasys.
- Capable of withstanding 15°C higher temperatures than modified desktop 3D printers ABS material formulations.
- Powered by Stratasys SR30 soluble support material.
- Superior Z-layer bonding provides higher strength without warping or curling.
Manufacturing-ready materials including real PETG, TOUGH and more.
- Finished part dimensional accuracy of ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in)
- Print complex assemblies with exact tolerances.
An automated, tinker-free industrial printing system.
- 2x times faster printing than leading desktop 3D printers
- 300,000+ total testing hours on 150+ printers
- Seamless CAD integration with AUTODESK Fusion 360, AUTODESK Inventor and Solidworks
Ultra-rigid metal frame construction
A structurally optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Uncompromised Layer Adhension and Part Strenght
Circulating heated chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer - not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, Method takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
Speed and Dimensional Accuracy
Dual performance extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times and provide dimensional accuracy across every part. Smart sensors for material management and print protection Leveraging industrial DNA, each Performance Extruder contains a suite of sensors that detect when material is running low and allows for active jam detection during the entire print duration. It's like autonomous protection for your print?and your printer.
Greater torque with a 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio
From great strength comes great performance. The 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio keeps material loaded and ready for reliable material extrusion at every layer. Lengthened thermal core with less than 60-second heat up time.
Optimized Material Storage
Dry-Sealed Material Bays
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal environment?a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers.
Exceptional and Reliable Performance
Get dimensionally accurate, production-grade, real ABS end-use parts at a fraction of traditional manufacturing costs. METHOD reduces costs and saves time for small production manufacturing runs. Prototype with production-grade ABS to achieve part properties close to injection molded parts. Print dimensionally accurate assemblies and validate your designs to get your products to market faster - all at a fraction of industrial 3D printing costs. Create durable, real ABS parts for the production floor. Print dimensionally accurate jigs, fixtures, and end-effectors that fit seamlessly with existing components.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print Heads: 2
- Layer Resolution: Range: 20 - 400 microns
- Build Speed:
- Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers
- Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm³ per sec
- Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500 mm per sec
- Print Modes Tuned and Optimized for:
- 100 microns - High Quality Print Mode (Coming Soon)
- 200 microns - Balanced Print Mode
- Maximum Build Volume:
- 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion (print settings coming soon)
- 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
- Product Dimensions: 43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Product Weight: 29.5 kg / 65 lbs
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 76.5 H x 50.0 W x 55.5 D cm / 30.1 x 19.7 x 21.9 in
- Shipping Box Weight: 37.1 kg / 81.7 lbs
- Frame Construction
- Aluminum Die Cast Base
- Extruded Aluminum Uprights
- Steel Weldment Gantry Frame
- Temperature Control: Circulating Heated Chamber
- Build Plate: Flexible Steel Build Plate
- Build Surface: Reusable Grip Surface
- Display: 5" Full-Color Capacitive Touch Screen
- Camera Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Extruder Thermal Core Length: 48.2 mm
- Max Extruder Drive Torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Supported Materials: MakerBot Precision Materials: ABS, ASA, PLA, Tough, PVA, SR-30/ MakerBot Specialty Materials: NYLON, PETG, more to come
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 15 - 26° C / 59 - 78° F, 10 - 70% RH non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: 0 - 38° C / 32 - 100° F
- Printer Automation: Automatic Z Calibration, Automatic Nozzle Calibration, Automatic Material Loading
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported File Types: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating Systems: Windows (7, 10) / Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 V | 3.9A - 1.6A, 50 / 60 Hz | 400 W max.
- Warranty: Free 1-Year Extended Warranty / Supported Plans: MakerCare Gold (2 Years), MakerCare Platinum (3 Years)
Read or write a review