MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer - Print Carbon Fiber and a selection of polymers with the aid of a 110°C heated chamber
Print carbon fiber, reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three-dimensional strength and accuracy like never on METHOD X?s unique industrial desktop platform.
- Circulating Heated Chamber
- Includes MakerBot Composite and Support Performance Extruders
- Dry-Sealed Material Bays
- Pre-Print Material Drying
- Post-Wash Part Annealing
- Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame
- MakerBot Cloud Connected
Strong, Heat-Resistant Metal Replacement Parts
Carbon fiber reinforced nylon is optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio - 110 MPa TS - for light weighting applications such as robotic end effectors
- Engineering-grade stiffness - 7600 MPa Tensile Modulus - for structural applications such as vehicular brackets and inspection gauges
- High heat resistance under load - 184°C HDT - for optimal under-hood and tooling applications
Superior Nylon Carbon Fiber Parts With METHOD X
METHOD?s unique industrial feature set produces carbon fiber parts with superior three-dimensional strength and accuracy.
- METHOD X?s Heated Chamber delivers parts that are strong and accurate.
- Outstanding surface finish that hides layer lines thanks to METHOD X?s Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame.
- Print the most complex geometries including internal cavities with soluble support or use breakaway support for faster print times.
- METHOD X?s sealed filament bays help keep the material dry, resulting in better print quality and reliability, and METHOD X?s pre-print spool drying feature allows for the recovery of oversaturated filament.
Why Choose METHOD X?
METHOD X is a Next-Generation desktop 3D printing platform that delivers manufacturing-grade parts with advanced engineering materials.
- A heated chamber that delivers stronger manufacturing-grade parts.
- An open platform for advanced engineering materials.
- Guaranteed part accuracy and SR-30 soluble support.
- Save engineering time with an automated workflow and CAD integration.
Ultra-rigid metal frame construction
A structurally optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Uncompromised Layer Adhension and Part Strenght
Circulating heated chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer - not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, Method X takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
Speed and Dimensional Accuracy
Dual performance extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times and provide dimensional accuracy across every part. Smart sensors for material management and print protection Leveraging industrial DNA, each Performance Extruder contains a suite of sensors that detect when material is running low and allows for active jam detection during the entire print duration. It's like autonomous protection for your print?and your printer.
Greater torque with a 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio
From great strength comes great performance. The 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio keeps material loaded and ready for reliable material extrusion at every layer. Lengthened thermal core with less than 60-second heat up time.
Optimized Material Storage
Dry-Sealed Material Bays
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal environment?a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers.
Exceptional and Reliable Performance
Get dimensionally accurate, production-grade end-use parts at a fraction of traditional manufacturing costs. METHOD X reduces costs and saves time for small production manufacturing runs. Print dimensionally accurate assemblies and validate your designs to get your products to market faster - all at a fraction of industrial 3D printing costs.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print Heads: 2
- Layer Resolution: Range: 20 - 400 microns
- Build Speed:
- Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers
- Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm³ per sec
- Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500 mm per sec
- Maximum Build Volume:
- 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion
- 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
- Product Dimensions: 43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Product Weight: 29.5 kg / 65 lbs
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 76.5 H x 50.0 W x 55.5 D cm / 30.1 x 19.7 x 21.9 in
- Shipping Box Weight: 37.1 kg / 81.7 lbs
- Frame Construction
- Aluminum Die Cast Base
- Extruded Aluminum Uprights
- Steel Weldment Gantry Frame
- Temperature Control: Circulating Heated Chamber
- Build Plate: Flexible Steel Build Plate
- Build Surface: Reusable Grip Surface
- Display: 5" Full-Color Capacitive Touch Screen
- Camera Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Extruder Thermal Core Length: 48.2 mm
- Max Extruder Drive Torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Printer Automation: Automatic Z Calibration, Automatic Nozzle Calibration, Automatic Material Loading
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported File Types: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating Systems: Windows (7, 10) / Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 V | 8.1A - 3.4A, 50 / 60 Hz | 800 W max.
- Warranty: Free 1-Year Extended Warranty / Supported Plans: MakerCare Gold (2 Years), MakerCare Platinum (3 Years)
Read or write a review